We are growing at the Jones County EDA! We have enjoyed working with our wonderful Chamber of Commerce Director, Amanda Roll. She has done a great job and is now shifting her focus towards our tourism department. We have begun searching for someone to join our staff as the new Chamber of Commerce Director. If you are interested in this open position, please read more about the role below. We will continue accepting applications through December 29th.
The Chamber of Commerce has direct responsibility for the Jones County Chamber of Commerce. Duties include but are not limited to working with the Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors to develop membership sales/retention and events creation designed to bring value to and increase membership growth, retention, and revenues for the Chamber of Commerce. This position reports to the Economic Development Authority’s President and has to have the ability to work and lead multiple volunteer committees towards setting and achieving yearly events and goals. Any other appropriate and reasonable duties directly or indirectly associated with the functions of the Economic Development Authority, Community Development Foundation, and Chamber of Commerce as deemed or required by the President.
- – Work with the Chamber of Commerce Board to maintain annual sales plan to meet Chamber membership goals
- – Work with Chamber of Commerce Ambassadors to develop a membership retention plan that articulates the Chamber’s value proposition and demonstrates member benefits
- – Implement annual sales and membership retention plans, including sales action strategies and yearly sales goals. Continuously evaluate and improve sales and retention plans and strategies to increase revenues
- – Manage, develop, coach, supervise, motivate, set sales goals, and evaluate Chamber’s Volunteer Committees to ensure yearly events and member targets
- – Meet with members and potential members to discuss evolving needs, encourage retention, and assess the quality of the EDA and Chamber’s relationship with them
- – Advises CEO on member feedback to assist Chamber and EDA in aligning member experience with needs and expectations
- – Determine need and manage creation, organization, and implementation of Chamber events
- – Evaluate events based on membership satisfaction
- – Work closely with members on the EDA and Chamber of Commerce Boards on event promotions and drive attendance
- – Represent the Chamber and EDA at various community and other statewide and area events
- – Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional organizations
- – Provide monthly reports on membership, and event feedback to both EDA and Chamber Boards
Preferred qualifications include:
- – Must be highly motivated, goal-oriented, and well organized
- – Current resident or relocate to Jones County within six months of taking the position
- – Bachelor’s or Associate’s Degree in a related field
- – Experience as a sales representative or sales manager, consistently meeting or exceeding targets
- – Ability to communicate, present and influence credibly and effectively at all organizational levels
- – Have skillset necessary to supervise and motivate others effectively
- – Work both collaboratively and independently, determine priorities, make appropriate decisions, and meet deadlines
- – Anticipate and effectively handle numerous details with concurrent and overlapping deadlines for completion
- – Proven experience in customer relationship management and familiarity with CRM software.
- – Work effectively under above-average pressure
- – Regular and occasional irregular Working Hours required
- – Other duties as assigned by President
Links for Information: www.jonescounty.com & www.visitjones.com
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements electronically to Ross Tucker, President, Economic Development Authority of Jones County, at email@example.com
For consideration, resumes must be submitted by 5:00 p.m. central time on December 29, 2021.