|The Jones County Chamber of Commerce is seeking to immediately fill an open position for a Marketing Associate. Please review the job description below. Qualified candidates may e-mail resumes to Amanda Roll, firstname.lastname@example.org. Please share this job posting with anyone that you feel would make a great addition to the Chamber team!
Download the job description HERE
Position: Jones County Chamber of Commerce Marketing Associate
Hours of work: Part-time, 15-20 hours/week
Compensation: Hourly position and wage dependent on experience. Mileage paid for work Incurred travel.
Description of position: The Chamber of Commerce Marketing Associate is responsible for assisting the Chamber staff in planning and working various Chamber events, creating content for social media and managing a content calendar, working directly with members on marketing member benefits, inputting data into the membership database, and completing other marketing and public relations related tasks as requested.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The Chamber of Commerce Marketing Associate will be responsible for the following tasks:
1. Communicating with Chamber members on behalf of the Chamber staff via phone calls, e-mails or In office visits
2. Designing various promotional materials, including social media posts, direct mail pieces, flyers, etc.
3. Curating, designing and posting content to the Chamber’s Facebook and Instagram accounts; managing content calendars for both platforms
4. Managing seasonal promotion campaigns that will Include outreach to members, content design and campaign execution
5. Assisting to plan and work Chamber events, including ribbon cuttings, Lunch & Learns, meetings, workshops, annuals events, virtual seminars, etc.
6. Taking photos and videos at Chamber events
7. Updating membership records, listings and events in ChamberMaster, the Chamber’s membership database
8. Research projects as needed for Chamber and EDA staff
9. Other office administrative duties as needed
Skills & Qualifications:
1. Outgoing personality and comfortability to converse with Chamber membership and local leaders
2. Excellent customer service and communication skills
3. Working knowledge of Microsoft Suite (Word, Power Point, Excel) and desktop publishing software (Canva or Adobe Suite).
4. Strong understanding of social media platforms and functions
5. Experience in writing marketing copy, press releases, e-mails and other business documents
6. Ability to independently conduct research online
7. The ability to finish assignments quickly and accurately
8. Experience editing short videos Is preferred
How to Apply:
Submit resume to Chamber Director Amanda Roll, email@example.com.