Position: Jones County Chamber of Commerce intern
Hours of work: 15-20 hours/week
Compensation: Paid Internship and mileage for work related travel. Wage dependent on experience.
Description of position: The Chamber of Commerce intern will be responsible for assisting the Chamber staff in planning and working various Chamber events, creating content for social media and to distribute to members and potential members, inputting data into the membership database, and completing other marketing and public relations related tasks.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The Chamber of Commerce intern will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Communicating with Chamber members on behalf of the Chamber staff via phone calls, e-mails or In office visits
- Updating membership records, listings and event in ChamberMaster, the Chamber’s membership database
- Designing various promotional materials, including social media posts, direct mail pieces, flyers, etc.
- Creating and posting content to Facebook and Instagram
- Helping plan and work Chamber events, including ribbon cuttings, Lunch & Learns, meetings, workshops, annuals events, etc.
- Taking photos and videos at various Chamber events
- Research projects as needed for Chamber and EDA staff
- Other office administrative duties as needed
Skills & Qualifications:
- Outgoing personality and comfortability to converse with Chamber membership
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Suite (Word, Power Point, Excel) and desktop publishing software (Canva or Adobe Suite).
- Strong understanding of social media platforms and functions
- Experience in writing marketing copy, press releases, e-mails and other business documents
- Ability to independently conduct research online
- The ability to finish assignments quickly and accurately
E-mail resumes and referrals to Amanda Roll, email@example.com.