The Jones County Chamber of Commerce is offering Disaster Relief Micro Grants for Chamber members. Members must be in good standing, have 25 or fewer employees and meet additional requirements, as noted on the application form. Applications will be accepted online beginning Wednesday, May 20 at 12:00 PM through May 29 at 5:00 PM. Grants will be awarded between $300-500, as funds are available. The Disaster Relief Micro Grant program is made possible by Mississippi Power and Dixie Electric.
Requirements for the Disaster Relief Micro Grant Applicants
- Business must have 25 or fewer employees.
- Chamber member in good standing as of March 30, 2020.
- Membership has been renewed at the $275 Benefactor level or above at least once
- Must be physically located in Jones County, MS.
- Business must be negatively impacted by COVID-19 pandemic or the recent severe storms in Jones County.
- Priority consideration will be given to for-profit businesses who have had considerable revenue losses and/or workforce changes.
- Chamber of Commerce Board Members and Board Members who serve as representatives to the EDA Board may not apply
Apply for the Chamber’s Disaster Relief Micro Grant>> ONLINE APPLICATION
Community Development Facade Grant Program
The purpose of the Community Development Facade Grant program is to encourage existing property owners and tenants to upgrade their buildings for public safety and accessibility. Enhancements to building exteriors increase public safety and improve the overall appearance of the facility, making it safe to the public and more accessible for persons with disabilities.
All grants will be awarded on a first-come-first-served basis. Grants will be a 50/50 reimbursable match for amounts not to exceed $1,000.
- Applicant must be a current member in good standing with the Jones County Chamber of Commerce.
- The building must be located within Jones County.
- Applicant must have a current business license, operating a retail business, restaurant, service company, or offices, and employ fewer than 50 people.
- If the applicant is not the building owner, written permission from the building owner, signed and notarized, must accompany the application.
- Applicant must comply with all state and local laws and regulations pertaining to licensing and permits.
For more information about the Community Development Facade Grant Program, please complete and application.